Kids love splashing around in giant wave pools at water parks across the country. It’s almost like swimming in an ocean, but these giants waves are machine made, created by tens of thousands of gallons of water being pumped into the pool. But they can be dangerous, just like swimming in the ocean.
How can you stay safe in a wave pool? Here are some important tips!
- If you can’t swim, or if you’re a weak swimmer, always wear a life jacket.
- Don’t use inflatable rafts, as you can easily fall into the water.
- Children should always be supervised by adults.
- If you're with a child, stay in shallow water where the child can touch the bottom and keep their head well above the water.
- Swim in direct sightline of a lifeguard.