in a viral Facebook post, Alan and Lindsey McIver of Denver shared the terrifying story of nearly losing their daughter because of their brand new front-loading washer. The McIver family had just purchased the machine, and hadn't even had the chance to review the instructions or use the machine when their daughter, Khloe, 3, climbed inside. Their older child closed the door, and accidentally started a cycle. "By the time we reached the laundry room in the basement, my 3-year-old daughter Khloe was locked inside the airtight washing machine,” and the machine was filling with water!
The parents managed to stop the cycle and rescue their daughter, who only sustained some bumps and bruises from the ordeal.
But it shook the McIver family to the core, and now they want to warn others of this potential danger! Kids climbing into the washing machine or dryer is a hidden danger many parents don’t think about. But once that door closes there can be tragic consequences.