When this story first made headlines earlier this year, people were blown away. I was one of them! It was hard to believe a seemingly innocent thing like a lick from a dog could have such devastating and life-changing consequences.
Greg Manteufel of Wisconsin is surprisingly upbeat after losing nearly all his limbs and part of his nose. Doctors say he contracted a bacteria from a dog's lick. Earlier this summer, Manteufel told Inside Edition from his hospital bed that he had gone to a party at a dog park near his home in Wisconsin. A day after the party, Greg started exhibiting signs of sepsis.