If at all possible, STAY HOME this Thanksgiving! A record-breaking 54 million Americans are expected to travel this week to celebrate turkey day with family and friends away from home... AT LEAST!
This Thanksgiving is pacing to be the busiest for travel in 13 years, with 48.5 of Americans on the roads. And the airports will be just as bad with 25 million folks scheduled to fly. And expect some major delays getting through security: TSA added just 1,200 additional employees to help with the rush.
As usual, the worst day for travel will be Wednesday, and the best should be Thursday. Here are a couple tips and tricks to help make your travels as painless as possible:
- Pack extra clothes and prescription medicines for cancelled flights.
- If possible, carry that luggage on! Don't mess around with checking bags if you can avoid it.
- Get your car tuned up TODAY before you hit the road.
- Make sure you've got flashlights, jumper cables, a sleeping bag, bottled water, and flares in the trunk of your car.
- Bring a couple of full charged portable chargers, whether you're driving or flying.
It's gonna be a rough week, so remember, folks. This is the start of the HOLIDAY SEASON. Be patient, be kind, have empathy, and spread cheer to your fellow travelers whenever possible. You'll get where you're going eventually!