Woman Dies After Using Neti Pot

This story is heartbreaking, but an important reminder as we head into cold and flu season to always follow all medical instructions carefully. 

A 69-year-old woman from Seattle has died after contracting a brain-eating amoeba from using tap water in her neti pot. The woman was suffering from a chronic sinus infection when her doctor told her to rinse her sinuses with the neti pot twice a day. She reportedly used tap water filtered through a Brita Water Purifier in the pot. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that only distilled, sterile or cooled boiled water be used for sinus irrigation. 

More here.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

BIG 95.5 · Chicago's New Country
Listen Now on iHeartRadio