We're right smack dab in the middle of winter. With lots of gray days ahead, this time of year can be rough for a lot of people.
Here are seven simple tips for beating the winter blues:
- Take care of yourself at home with mini spa days at home-- a hot bath, a face mask, whatever goes!
- Play happy music as much as possible! I've got ya covered there! There's nothing better than your favorite country music on a bleak day!
- Get outside and get some fresh air. Even in the bitter cold, it'll perk up your spirits.
- Give light therapy a try!
- Volunteer your time to help others. Helping others is a proven way to boost your mood.
- Crack open a new book. Snuggle up on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee and a book, and count the days til spring!
- Take care of your health-- take a multivitamin, eat well, drink tons of water.
- Talk to your doctor!