Martina Baker was a healthy, normal girl for most of her childhood. Doctors can't explain what happened that triggered a rare disease in her body called Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS). The 15-year-old from Maine suddenly found herself having anaphylactic reactions to everything from perfume to cleaning supplies, grass to flowers, and so much more. Martina learned about service dogs who could be trained to help her avoid her triggers, and protect her from her severe and potentially deadly allergies.
After successfully raising $10,000 in donations, Martina was able to afford Keeva, the perfect service dog for her!