Unless you're living under a rock (or an igloo...) I'm sure you've heard about the extreme, dangerous cold headed our way this week. So there's no better time to snuggle up at home with your family, friends, or pets!
Have you heard of Hygge? It's a Danish term that's been gaining popularity here in the States over the past few years. It describes that cozy, warm snuggly feeling when you're relaxing on a cold night with people you love.
Here are some great ways to bring Hygge into your life!
- Light lots of candles
- If possible, light a fire
- Surround yourself with family and friends
- Eat warm comfort foods
- Drink warm, cozy drinks like hot apple cider or hot chocolate
- Turn electronics off (your phone or TV)
- Snuggle up on the sofa or in bed
Sounds like the perfect way to spend the week! Call out sick, I won't tell your boss, and get ready to Hygge!