Teen Died After Eating Undercooked Pork

A teenager died after eating undercooked pork, according to a study in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The study revealed that an MRI scan found his brain had cystic lesions. The 18-year-old's parents told doctors at a hospital in India that the boy had complained of pain in his groin for about a week. He also suffered from seizures and swelling over his eye. Despite treatment, the teen died two weeks later.

As a reminder, according to the USDA,

Cook all raw pork steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming.

 

title

Content Goes Here