This could happen to any dog owner. It's a terrifying thought-- what would you do if your dog choked? Manuel Franco came home to find his dog Sagira struggling to breathe. Her eyes had rolled back in her head, and he feared he might lose her. "But something clicked," he says, and "I start[ed] performing CPR until she went back to life."
Manuel and Sagira were very lucky-- Manuel had taken a pet CPR class given by a trainer named Lorna Li. Pets "really are, truly, family members," said Lorna. "Being able to be proactive and be more responsible for them in their care is really the goal here."