Wisconsin Mom Loses Limbs, And It All Started With a Rug Burn

A woman in Wisconsin is finally walking again, after fighting for her life and battling a deadly illness. It all started in such a simple way...

Alecia Kennen, 37, says her horrifying brush with death began earlier this summer. She was at home one day when her dogs ran in front of her. "I tripped over my feet and went down to the ground and that's where I got the rug burn on my shoulder that started the nightmare,” she said.

Less than a week later, the mom of three boys was airlifted to the hospital as her fingers and toes started turning black. Doctors diagnosed her with Toxic Shock Syndrome. Her sons had recently suffered from strep throat, and doctors believe it entered her blood stream when she fell.



Content Goes Here