This Clarendon Hills couple immediately knew there was trouble when they woke up one morning to the sound of running water in their basement. But they never imagined what they would find.
Bill and Mary were shocked to discover their basement was swamped with raw sewage. The smell was putrid, and the sewage permeated every inch of their finished basement that served as a family room. It was destroyed.
The called Flagg Creek Water Reclamation district to check the sewer, but Flagg Creek refused to assist, saying the issue was on the homeowner's end. However, when the couple hired a company to clean up the disaster, the crew informed the family that Flagg Creek had checked the wrong manhole... and the basement flooded all over again the very next day!