Phew, breathe easy my fellow friends who suffer from social anxiety disorder.
Holiday season is like the worst time of year for someone who doesn't like to be around a lot of people. Holiday parties, social gatherings, family reunions.. you name it.. it's always a lot of people.
Mental Floss has put together some tips that will help you overcome social anxiety disorder!
1. Ease into social situation.
2. Prepare talking points before an event.
3. Lay off the caffeine.
4. Get plenty of sleep.
5. Identify your negative thinking patterns.
6. Imagine what would happen if your worst fears came true.
7. Focus on someone else.
8. Be proud that you put yourself out there.
They explain each tip in more detail HERE.