The Second Installment of Cook County property taxes is due August 3, but property owners can pay without any interest charge through October 1, 2020, thanks to an ordinance passed by the Board of Commissioners.
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas urged the Board to pass the ordinance because of the spread of the pandemic and the recession.
- Partial payments are accepted so homeowner can avoid one big payment on October 1, 2020
Pappas urges property owners, “Stay home! Everything you can do at my office you can do at cookcountytreasurer.com.”
- Homeowners and business people can avoid a trip downtown by taking care of their property taxes at cookcountytreasurer.com
Just enter your address. A Property Identification Number (PIN) is not required.
Property owners may use cookcountytreasurer.com to:
- Make a payment
- Search $75 million in available refunds going back 20 years
- Apply for a refund
- Verify your current property tax exemptions for homeowners and senior citizens
- See if you are missing out on $34 million in senior exemptions going back four years
- Download a copy of your tax bill
- Update your mailing address
- Submit a question, along with supporting documents
- Check the status of a pending refund o Find out if your property is on the delinquent Tax Sale list