These Are The "Right" Ages To Reach Significant Life Milestones
July 31, 2019
The Bottom Line:
- A survey by H&R Block reveals the average ages people expect certain huge life milestones to be reached
- Folks say 26 is the “right” age to get married, while 27 is the age to start a family and 29 is the age to buy a home
- 49% of respondents say their financial issues have kept them from reaching these milestones by these ideal ages
Did you hear Bobby Bones talking about this morning? Everyone here at BIG 95.5 were surprised that reaching financial independence ( from your parents ) doesn't happen until age 32!
Growing up people have this idea about what their future life is going to look like, and a lot of people set expectations for big life events to happen by a certain age. Well, we all know that isn’t likely going to happen, but now a new survey reveals what most people feel is the "right" age for big life milestones, like getting married, having a kid, etc., and they definately seem a bit idealistic.
According to a survey by H&R Block, the average ages people expect certain huge milestones to be reached, include:
- Get married – 26
- Start a family – 27
- Buy a home – 29
- Expand family – 30
- Reach financial independence – 32
- Build a forever home – 37
- Feel the most content – 38
- Retire - 63
Now if you haven’t even come close to reaching these milestones by that age, don’t worry, you aren’t alone. The survey notes that 49% of respondents say their financial issues have kept them from reaching these milestones by these ideal ages. And apparently a lot of people are stressing out about it, with 36% of folks saying they put pressure on themselves to reach them.