When parking your car on the street there’s always a little worry that someone may try to steal it, and if you own certain vehicles you have a particularly good reason to be concerned. Well, the National Insurance Crime Bureau just released their annual "Hot Wheels" reports, identifying the ten most stolen vehicles in the country, so you may want to beware if you own them.
- Overall, the Honda Civic tops the list of the most stolen vehicle last year, but it isn't a newer model that thieves are nabbing, likely because new technology has made it harder to do so.
- According to the “Hot Wheels” reports, it's the 2000 Honda Civic that's last year's most stolen vehicle, with 5,290 of them nabbed.
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles Last Year
- Honda Civic 2000 (5,290)
- Honda Accord 1997 (5,029)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size) 2006 (3,173)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size) 2004 (2,097)
- Toyota Camry 2017 (1,144)
- Nissan Altima 2017 (1,451)
- Toyota Corolla 2017 (1,034)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size) 2018 (1,170)
- Dodge/Ram Pickup (Full Size) 2001 (1,155)
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee 2000 (646)
- As for 2018 vehicles, the GMC Pickup (Full Size) is the most stolen new model car, with 1,170 stolen last year, followed by Ford Pickup (Full Size), with 1,017 stolen cars.
Top Ten Most Stolen 2018 Vehicles Last Year
- GMC Pickup (Full Size) (1,170)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size) (1,017)
- Toyota Camry (976)
- Nissan Altima (912)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size) (790)
- Hyundai Elantra (775)
- Ford Transit (723)
- Dodge Charger (719)
- Toyota Corolla (699)
- Chevrolet Malibu (698)