While millions of people will be watching Sunday’s Super Bowl just for the fun of it, there are plenty of folks who'll have a lot riding on whether the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers win.
That’s because a lot of people will have money on the game.
According to the American Gaming Association:
- Approximately $6.8 billion will be bet on Sunday’s Super Bowl
- More than 10% of Americans, or close to 26 million people, will bet on Sunday’s game.
- Of those bets, almost 4 million will be made at a sportsbook, which is a 25% increase from last year.
- Close to 5 million will bet through online or mobile platforms, both legally and illegally, which is up 19% from last year.
- Millions will place bets with a bookie, in a pool or squares contest, or simply among friends and family.
So, who is everyone betting for?
- Well, the poll finds that 52% of Americans will be putting their money on the Chiefs to win, while 49% will bet on the 49ers.
Source:American Gaming Association