When you check into a hospital, you’re hoping you’ll get the best care possible, but how do you know that's what you're getting?
Thanks to “U.S. News & World Report,” we now know which hospitals rank highest.
- The magazine has just released their 31st annual Best Hospitals rankings, comparing more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in regards to 26 specialties, procedures and conditions.
- They also gave special recognition to health professionals who stepped up during the COVID-19 crisis.
- They’ve included a list of U.S. News Hospital Heroes profiling more than 65 health care heroes from across the country.
- The annual Honor Roll recognizes hospitals with the best overall treatment, with the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester topping the list for the fifth year in a row.
The Top Ten Honor Roll Hospitals
(click here for the complete list)
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, New York (tie)
4. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles (tie)
6. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
7. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
8. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
9. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, N.Y.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
The list continues....
- 11. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
- 12. Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
- 13. Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, California
- 14. Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- 15 .Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia
- 16. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix
- 17. Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
- 18 (tie).Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis
- 18 (tie).Keck Hospital of USC, Los Angeles
- 20. Houston Methodist Hospital
- As for specialties, the best cancer care can be found at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, while the Cleveland Clinic is tops for cardiology and heart surgery and for orthopedic care you’ll want to head to the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
Source:U.S. News & World Report